"We can only hope that in the time we have alive, we grow, improve and develop...not necessarily into "perfection" but at least consistently becoming better every day"

~~ Michelle Green

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Up and at 'em

Woke up a little early this morning, what a wonderful change. Took Kodi out only to find an ornery beautiful dog, an Akita who must have snuck out.... in my yard. I knew I'd seen her a few weeks ago so I knew ABOUT where she lived. Have a runner (dog) myself, so I threw on my coat and slippers. When I went out and called out to her, she came jumping up thinking she had found someone to play with. How cute!

I was able to walk down the street and started knocking on doors, I could not figure out why people were just yelling through their doors or opening their doors just a crack and quickly tell me it wasn't there dog then shutting their doors, they would yell through the door they didn't know who it belonged to.

A few cold minutes later a young man ran up to me and I recognized him as the dogs owner. After I gave my playmate back to her rightful owner I trudged back home, wondering why people were so standoffish and wouldn't come to the door, it's not like I am some 6' big burly guy! I made my tea and went into the restroom only to see my hair standing straight up in back, which went very well with my bright pink pj's and fuzzy slippers....ok, I guess I realize why they didn't open their door...but hey, I had a really cute puppy with me!

Anyway, it's always good to start the day on a good note, doggy is safe at home! I am off to school to finish studying for my math test then off to my classes. I should be able to get another (almost) 5 hrs of studying in before the test. This one is on probabilities and statistics, which is kicking my butt.

I also have to admit that I bought a sub yesterday and some fries, I was just so tired...ok, never mind. No excuses. I could have easily grabbed the salad and chicken I have prepared in the frig. So, there it is, I didn't eat as well yesterday BUT I did better last night, and I was up until almost 2 a.m. studying!! 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I walked a mile yesterday but I need to get some more exercise in, I keep thinking, well these are busy weeks with finals etc. I need to get that thought out of my mind because there will always be excuse, so I need to exercise tonight. After class I am going to walk Kodi then do some yoga to help me stretch and unwind.

Looking at the week (now that it's Thursday), I have done fairly well. The eating went pretty well, the exercising should be better, I got a 100 on my access project, studied and took my legal test, completed 3 projects for english, and am studying/taking my math today. I am not as panicky as I was at the beginning of the week....which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment