"We can only hope that in the time we have alive, we grow, improve and develop...not necessarily into "perfection" but at least consistently becoming better every day"

~~ Michelle Green

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tired but happy

I was able to complete 2 different journals and turn them in and I also turned in my first draft of my argument paper (one would think this would come naturally for me, the arguing anyway). I went into school early and spent 4.5 hours working on projects to complete and turn in, then on to classes. My math test which was tomorrow has been delayed until Thursday afternoon. YEAH!

Tomorrow is another early day to work on Math, then to class. I was going to study this evening when I got home but I truly believe my brain is mush...I am going to have to really hit the books tomorrow morning and evening.

I am worried about unemployment being extended again. I try to find at least one job to apply for each day but I am trying not to think about it because it causes me so much stress, then I start eating, the depression, the eating....So, I am trying to remain positive so I can get through the last 2.5 weeks of classes, really can't stumble now, want my deans list status....

Wonderful talk with my son and we are going to try to get together for Christmas. Called and checked on my Mom in the nursing home, hopefully I will be able to see her when classes are done.

All in all a good day. We are supposed to get some snow....LOVE the look of snow after it's fallen, not the cold mind you but you can have one without the other... 

I was talking to someone about my extended family today and it would have been so easy to slip into the negative talk but I stopped myself. I just don't want all the negative, angry feelings....I am happy that I didn't fall into it this time. Practice, practice, practice.....

I'd like to believe these 2 are praying that unemployment is extended and school goes well for me....aren't they cute?

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, it's not easy to resist the impulse to trash talk people who have made less than stellar choices sometimes.

    Have you checked with the college career center for employment? If you could get something on campus, that'd be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried at my college as well as others in town and have applied for many. I think it comes down to so many people being unemployed and trying to find a job. I am going to keep trying, eventually my letter or resume with hit a cord with someone. I am trying to apply for at least 1 position a day, that way I can take the time to concentrate on my cover letter and am not in a rush to get through a stack of jobs.
    Keep your fingers crossed and I will keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you after you found me. Love the fact that you are back in school. Its tough, but, so is life. Loads of support here in the blogging community. I'll be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I am so glad you "found" me also. I love being back in school and appreciate it much more than I did when I was younger. You are right, most of what we try are difficult but it makes it so much more worth while....

    ReplyDelete