"We can only hope that in the time we have alive, we grow, improve and develop...not necessarily into "perfection" but at least consistently becoming better every day"

~~ Michelle Green

Saturday, December 18, 2010

You Go BMI!!!!!!

I started out just over 31 BMI and have made it into the 20's....yeah 29.97!!!! That may not seem like much to others BUT to me it is. Since I was in school FT and looking for a job I started by watching what I ate and writing it down (which helps me). Now that the semester is over I am going to introduce exercise and good ole H20, which I do not drink enough of. I will be taking my measurement today and will start watching those as well.

I was diagnosed with graves disease almost 5 years ago, which had just about destroyed my thyroid. One they removed my thyroid I spend the next 4 years struggling to find the correct medication. I am now on a natural (from a pig) thyroid medication which my body seems to accept better. Anyway, to make a long story a little short, I gained over 60 lbs after my thyroid issues. So to see the numbers going down is wonderful. I tend to gain my weight from neck to hips, with diabetes in my family that is not a good thing.

So, after over 8 months of not smoking, watching my eating, and starting a new routine, I feel I am on the right track.....For exercise I am going to start with yoga and dancing with some stretching on the ball....I think those sound like good, fun, and effective ways to exercise.

By the time I turn 52 in July I want to feel better, be ready or have already wogged a 5K, look better, and like myself a lot more than I do right now......that's another story.

3 comments:

  1. Yay -congrats on a new decade!
    And water - it's sooooo important!
    Here's to a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for you Anne! That's a big landmark on the BMI chart. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I was just telling my sister how much I love blogging because of the people you learn from and the support which is here.....you guys are great!

    ReplyDelete