"We can only hope that in the time we have alive, we grow, improve and develop...not necessarily into "perfection" but at least consistently becoming better every day"

~~ Michelle Green

Sunday, January 23, 2011

U Turn

Wow, it's been awhile since I have posted and I have to say I haven't been exercising OR watching what I am eating either. Just a yucky time. Updates: I did not get the job, which turned out to be ok, because it  was more of a quality manager position AND because the company is interested in me for other positions. So, while I wanted to be the one picked (don't we all) I believe there is a reason why I wasn't chosen. I should know more in the next month or so...hmm is some TRYING to teach me patience at my age???? Thanks to all of you for being so encouraging and supportive.

My daughter has been going through quite a bit and I am driving to NYC to pick her up next Thursday after class. Hopefully we can load up her things and be back by Friday evening.

What I have learned recently:
  • That I let stress (like the job) affect me, my diet, and the routines I have established. Yes, I am an emotional eater
  • When my children decide they need me right at that moment, I drop everything else important to me. Yes, my children are important but not always at the moment they determine
  • That I need to make sure I spend some of my time on the weekend preparing for the week ahead. Starting school really threw me for a loop and school was a good thing....I need to be prepared!!
So, while it hasn't been a very good week for me diet/exercise wise, I have to look at this as a learning experience and get right back on track and begin again. Hopefully this time I will have better tools when life throws some curves......

This week I restart my sit ups, squats and yoga and the scale!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for following Healthy Cultivations. I hadn't seen your blog before and am glad I clicked over. Looks like you're going through a tough time in many ways, and I hope things work out well for you. Sincerely, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I feel like we are all going through one thing or another. I am just learning how to deal with things as they happen and not let it affect me in ways that interfere with a healthy lifestyle. It is a learning process

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your dear heart.
    Treu, we are all going through something.
    But it's also good to show support!
    Stress can tear you up!
    Be well, Anneg121.
    Hope things start changing for you for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anne, I am trying to see this as a learning experience so that I don't get off track this much again.

    I know things could be worse but it is important to learn what some of our triggers are.

    Thanks for your support, it means a lot to me

    ReplyDelete