"We can only hope that in the time we have alive, we grow, improve and develop...not necessarily into "perfection" but at least consistently becoming better every day"

~~ Michelle Green

Monday, January 3, 2011

Broke but not broken....

If anyone really thinks that people enjoy being unemployed, we need to talk! Unemployment messed up again and is withholding my weekly money. I will run down tomorrow and hope I can get this resolved so I can pay rent....UGH. I am wondering if this is another test? Well, I did get my 30 min walk with kodi done, I did my squats and sit ups AND even improved my reps on each one! With the stress I really want to eat but am trying not to. Not as easy task.

Money is tight right now so I was not able to go visit my Mom in the nursing home. I was able to get a smaller dose of my prescription which helped a little. What is the saying; that which doesn't destroy you will only make you stronger? Well, i am going to be so strong when this is over LOL.

I am trying to stay in a positive mood, the walk with Kodi helped. I have a list of places to submit my resume to and have made copies of my resume. I need to complete my "generic" cover letter. What I plan on doing is apply to the jobs then go visit each place and physically hand them a resume and cover letter. Wish me luck!

I am bound and determined that 2011 will be better than 2010. Staying on track with losing weight & getting healthier will help tremendously. In the spring there are some walking groups that I would like to check out, it may be a great way to start meeting some people here.

School starts in a week and I am excited to get going. It's going to be a good semester....

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog just today, and it looks like you're facing some really difficult times. One thing I've learned (and it looks like you're learning it too) is that taking care of your health and body will make you better equipped both physically and emotionally to deal with the stresses of life.

    Hang in there, and keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, thank you for the kind words of encouragement. Yes, things are difficult lately BUT I am trying to really stay positive about it. I have put my health last but you're right, I am learning how important it is to make that a priority. The great thing is that I am making some progress and that keeps me going....

    Thanks again for the comment!

    ReplyDelete