"We can only hope that in the time we have alive, we grow, improve and develop...not necessarily into "perfection" but at least consistently becoming better every day"

~~ Michelle Green

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday morning

Kodi woke me up even before my alarms did. Last night was difficult when it came to food. Mondays are difficult anyway as I have 3 classes and am in school until after 9 p.m. After I ate dinner, which I had planned, I went back for some carrots, some pudding, some celery, and on and on.  I wasn't even hungry! I am not sure if it is left over from quitting smoking and needing something to do with my hands or if it is emotional eating....whatever it is I need to work on this. I have always been a "snacker" but this takes it to another level. I don't remember doing this before I had my thyroid out but who knows, maybe I did...

I need to think small goals here, so tonight I am going to come home after class I will eat, then take kodi out. Instead of just snacking if this mood hits me, I will put pen to paper and write down what I am feeling and going through at that moment.

My papers are due today and I have a test tomorrow. I am going to get through this the best I can then concentrate on my 2 finals next week and then 2 more finals the week after.

Well, off to pack my lunch so I can get to school.

2 comments:

  1. I took up knitting almost a year ago and it's really helped me with keeping my fingers busy if I just want to sit and watch TV. I'm pretty sure it burns calories too.

    Except for the pudding it sounds like your snack choices were pretty good! I tell myself that I'm not allowed to eat unless I'm willing to sit down at the kitchen table w/o distractions and focus on eating. That way I'm not eating unless I'm actually hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started knitting a little over a year ago as well, once I moved I never unpacked it....I should do that. At least you're being productive while keeping busy.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete