"We can only hope that in the time we have alive, we grow, improve and develop...not necessarily into "perfection" but at least consistently becoming better every day"

~~ Michelle Green

Friday, March 18, 2011

uncluttered life, uncluttered mind

I have been going through my house and de-cluttering. I have done this in the past when my children moved out and when I moved to a smaller place but clutter seems to be like gremlins, it multiplies!

I sold my large dining room table and bought a smaller, more modern one. I was also able to get a really nice "new to me" desk and got rid of my old desk. This desk has a larger work space and I love it. I was able to purchase all of these with the money from selling my dining room table, so I am pleased.

I have gone through all my rooms except my bedroom, I am tackling that this weekend. I also need to go through my storage closet and the closets in my bedroom. This feels so good and refreshing, like a weight has been lifted.

I have also started writing down what I am eating, another step in getting back on track. I am struggling with late night snacking.

Kodi and I are going back out for walks, which also feels good. I recently found "meetup" online and have joined a hiking group and a 50+ group. I am hoping to meet people in Fort Wayne, something I haven't really gone out of my way to do. Since I've just joined I don't have an opinion yet but am going into it with an open mind.

Learning about ADHD has been interesting and sad. I am learning how to be more organized since I know the medication is only the beginning. Eventually I will try to learn more about food and how other things effect me. Right now, I just want to learn to be me again and to enjoy some of the things I have never been able to. I don't what it to define me but it is amazing the things I am learning....

It's a beautiful day and I am getting my hair done today...going with a perm for a new look and less work. For those who know me, you know that I don't like high maintenance.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment