"We can only hope that in the time we have alive, we grow, improve and develop...not necessarily into "perfection" but at least consistently becoming better every day"

~~ Michelle Green

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday

Went to a local coffee house to study, we decided to try a new one. I didn't get much done on my paper and we learned that specific coffee house is a little to loud for studying but it was fun to visit.

I haven't gotten back into my exercising other than walking but I am doing well at watching what I am eating and sticking to healthier options.

My daughter did come for a 2 week visit. It went well and we enjoyed being together. I have to say that her smoking did bother me a little. I was either tempted or coughing because the smoke came in through the patoi door! Next month I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary for quitting smoking. Now to lose the weight I gained from quitting....

Hopefully the nice weather holds out for the rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had coffee houses when I was in school (it wasn't all that long ago, but back in the 90's it was the library or outside in the quad - that was it. I've always loved the idea of coffeehouses though; they give off lots of creative energy for some reason. Hope you are dong well and glad to see you're enjoying the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started going when I first started college in the late 70's. I can remember some of our professors actually having classes in a certain coffee house, there were even poetry readings etc. I am giving away my hippie ways, aren't I?

    ReplyDelete